- Acrylic pieces (2 pcx 0.5 m X 0.3 m)(2 pcx 1 m X 0.3 m)(1 pxc 1 m X 0.5 m)
- Small stones (3 Bags of pebbles of 3kg)
- Water (19500 cm2)
- Pushing board
- Water hose
2.3.1 Creating the tank
1. Set the 1 m by 0.5 m acrylic piece on the floor and tear the protective covering off the side facing up.
2. Set a 1 m by 0.3 m acrylic piece perpendicular to the acrylic piece on the floor and use Liquid Glue to the joining surface.
3. Repeat step 2. to the other 3 acrylic pieces.
4. After 28 hours, apply Silicone to the joints to prevent water from leaking out. Use one tube for two sides of the tank
5. Let the Silicon dry for 10 hours
6. Fill the tank with water.
7. Let the tank, filled with water, out in the open for 4 hours
8. If any leaks spring, dry and reapply silicon to that area.
9. Dry the tank thoroughly
10. Repeat steps 5. to 9. until tank has no leaks.
2.3.2 Creating the wave-breaker
184.108.40.206 Flat wave-breaker
1. Take a styrofoam piece
2. Saw a piece 13 cm by 5 cm by 5 cm
220.127.116.11 Concave wave breaker
1. Take construction paper made out of plastic and bend it.
2. Clamp the pieces together
3. Wait for 5 hours
4. Glue support pieces to the sides of the construction paper
2.4 Risk Assessment and Management
-Potential electrocution when water is in contact with naked wires or exposed electricity plugs
-Spilt over water may cause slippery floors creating a slipping or falling possibility.
-Sharp edges may cause cuts
-Wooden pushing board make cause splinters
-Sharp tools may cut and/or cause tears
-Contaminated water may infect open wounds
-Broken acrylic may cause cuts.
-Poisonous chemicals found in polycarbonate may be released and cause harm.
1. Put floor mats on the floor to soak up the spillage
2. Construct higher walls around the structure to stop water from splashing out
3. Put rubber on sharp edges of the glass to prevent from cutting ourselves
4. Make sure to keep the water clean or cover any open wounds before conducting the experiment to prevent infection of dirty water from getting in wounds.
5. Make sure there is no exposed wire around the tank to prevent short-circuit when water spills.